Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Week 14 – Ducks

When I first read it, I loved how simple the drawings were. Simple drawings always had a certain appeal to me because I gave me a break from the complicated things I see in life. The rough yet simple line work seems so direct that it really captures some of the essence of the feeling of these characters. I think my most favorite thing about the art style is the facial features and the whimsical feels of it.


The story basically revolves around the experience the author had at a mining site and what she had to share about it. In the end she felt that her experience working there was very mixed because she feels both sides of the environmental issues. It included information about a clean up of a pond where the ducks would be, hence the title “Ducks”. Also her overarching theme of the story is around environmental disaster caused by humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment